Monday, December 5, 2011

Sugar Cookies 101

Hi, my name is Harley and I will be your cookie guide! Don't worry, I've watched my mommy do this lots of times, I'm practically a pro!


The first step to any baking adventure is to put flour on your face. It makes people think you've been working hard even when Betty Crocker is doing most of the work!


Be sure not to put too much-- it may make you sneeze!


Start by rolling out your dough.



Then pick out your cookie cutters-- I'm a big fan of the candy cane one!



Next comes the most important part of all-- decorating! Pick out your sprinkles from the handy dandy sprinkle holder.


Then lightly sprinkle sugars on top (I like to color outside the lines--and cookies)



Smile for pictures with your masterpieces-- pictures like these work great for cookbook covers when you're famous! :)



Let your mommy put the cookies in the oven for you-- it gets really hot! No need in burning those magical cookie making hands of yours!




And..... wait.... 8 minutes often feels like a lifetime in toddler time!



Finally! They're done!!



Time to enjoy! :)



Wow! What a mess! Who's cleaning this up??



I hope these tips help with your holiday baking! I know my mommy is going to want my help everytime- where would she be without me?? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment